Eyes as a powerful means of nonverbal communication.
Audrey Nelson Ph.D. wrote in her "The Politics of Eye Contact:...": From birth to death and all occasions in between, the eyes have it. While women and men differ in their eye behavior and what that behavior means, eye contact is the strongest form of nonverbal communication. A study headed by Stephen Janik and Rodney Wellens at the University of Miami in Florida found that 43.4 percent of the attention we focus on someone is devoted to their eyes, with the mouth running a poor second at 12.6 percent. (The mouth and the eyes together account for 56 percent of our attention.)
We attend to others' eyes because these organs are highly expressive of emotions. Why would we want to look into another's eyes if not to assess what that person is feeling? Think about the sentiments conveyed when a loved one's eyes are dulled and flat, when they're sparkling with joy, when they're softened by passion, when they're filled with fear or surprise, or when they're brimming with tears. How about the images or songs that accompany the following descriptions: shifty eyes, laughing eyes, wild eyes, lying eyes, and Bette Davis eyes.
The eyes are truly the windows to the soul. You can tell a lot about a person's life and personality by their eyes. On the flip side, they may also say a lot about you too.
- Take a peek at the image above. Don't overthink it, just pick the eye that seems to draw you in the most.
- Keep in mind, this is just for fun! We're not claiming to know everything about you or trying to predict your future. Hopefully, you can read articles like these with an open mind and gain something from them.
- This obviously won't be accurate for everyone, but in general you'd be shocked how much a simple internet quiz can reveal about you.
Tutoring Marketplace LingRoom
Language with LingRoom. Choose your way: in person or online classes!
How does LingRoom work?
1) Choose Teacher or the Thematic Course, using the filters available in the search engine.
You can filter search results by language, price per lesson / course, location, language of communication and more. The teachers offer both stationary lessons and online classes. Available single lessons, packages or ready-made thematic courses.
2) Order a lesson / lesson package / course by completing the form.
Before placing an order, you can also contact the teacher via Chat to ask about the details of the offer. Placing an order with a teacher does not entail immediate payment. First you will be informed about accepting the order by the teacher and only then will you receive a request for payment.
3) Pay the order and start the lessons / course using easy and convenient LingRoom functions.
Your ordered lessons will be automatically marked in your Calendar as well as in the Calendar of your teacher. You can easily manage them, download files with lesson materials, use chat for quick contact with your teacher.
LingRoom connects language teachers and students looking for language classes, courses and private tutoring in Poland. Teachers of over 20 foreign languages offer thematic language courses, conversations, tutoring and lesson packages for children, school youth and adults. LingRoom language classes can take place at home, office, in a convenient urban space or online via Skype.
Language teachers cooperating with LingRoom are mostly people with extensive experience in conducting individual and group lessons as well as tutoring. They are professional teachers with thorough philological education, excellent pedagogical preparation and a great passion for foreign languages.
On the platform you can find teacher profiles from Poland and Native Speakers with verified qualifications in the field of foreign language teaching. Each teacher whose profile was marked as "verified" provided LingRoom with copies of diplomas, certificates and certificates confirming his / her qualifications in foreign language teaching
LingRoom.pl is the best tutoring marketplace in Poland offering simple and comfortable tools for learning foreign languages. In the student's profile, you can easily order lessons / courses with selected language teachers. The student's calendar is synchronized with the teacher's calendar, thanks to which changing the date or time of the lesson and its confirmation has never been so easy. The Chat feature allows you to quickly contact the teacher. You can easily download lesson materials, added by the teacher. The notification system sends information about the status of the lesson on an ongoing basis via SMS and / or e-mail. In the profile, all details of the lessons / courses you have ordered are available - history and current status for the day.
Courses and tutoring with professional LingRoom teachers!
Individual offline lessons in your area or online classes - choose your own way of learning foreign languages.
- Check the list of LingRoom language teachers and tutors and start a language course today! In the language teacher's profile, you will find information about his experience in teaching languages and the offer of lessons, lesson packages and language thematic courses, as well as teacher’s availability. Use chat function to contact selected teachers and tutors.
- Order selected number of lessons using the secure online payment system. By ordering lessons or a language course with a chosen teacher, you always receive an invoice from LingRoom.
- Change the dates of lessons in a convenient way, set the notifications you want to receive, download files from your tutor.
Check out even more comfortable features that LingRoom platform offers!